Let’s talk a little about morning routines. Do you have one? If “yes”, that’s great! If “no”, then make sure to read through this guide.
The first hour or two of your day has the greatest impact to set the tone for the remainder of your day; if you have a very RUSHED and BUSY hour upon waking, your day will likely continue to be rushed and busy. The best way to help with this is to establish a consistent morning routine.
Are you PROACTIVE or REACTIVE upon waking? There are generally two ways to start the day; proactive or reactive. Do you immediately check your phone to see what you “missed” while you were sleeping, reactive? Or do you start by completing specific tasks to set you up for a successful day (meditating, routine coffee/breakfast, making your bed, etc.), proactive?
Stop living RUSHED and REACTIVE and start living PROACTIVE with INTENTION and PURPOSE!
Here is a small checklist of tasks to complete to help you establish a healthy routine:
• Spend 5 minutes before you go to bed mapping your top 1-3 priorities for the next day
• Lay out your outfit(s) for the next day
• Plan and/or pack your food for the next day
• Got to bed no later than 7 hours before you intend on waking up
• Do not look at any electronic screens 60 minutes before you go to bed
• Have your alarm device set across your room so you must get out of bed to turn it off, decreasing the chance of a reactionary press of the “snooze” button
• Spend 2-5 minutes focusing on gratitude and your goals
• Do not check email or social media for at least 60 minutes upon waking up
• After you’ve spent some time preparing yourself for your day, lovingly interact with your loved ones
For more information about establishing routines and reaching your “Peak State” check out THIS article written by Ben Hardy.
Have a great day!
At Kees Chiropractic, your Franklin Chiropractors, we want YOU to be the hero of your story. We take great pride in helping guide the community in informed health and fitness decisions. Whether you are dealing with low back pain, neck pain, headaches, shoulder pain, sports injury, low energy, high stress, sleeping difficulties, etc. we are here to help! Just ask us how and let’s start mapping your course!